Tuesday, July 11, 2023

CASEing Cindy

 My friend, Cindy, sent me a beautiful card.  She used the Pierced Blooms dies to create the most lovely bouquet!  And I suspect she also did some blending with what looks like Flirty Flamingo; take a look:


Isn't that gorgeous?

Well, although I have the Pierced Blooms dies, they have retired, so I decided to try my hand at CASEing Cindy's card using current Stampin' UP! products.  

To CASE means to Copy And Share Everything - you don't have to copy it exactly; just choose an element, a color, a layout, or a theme, and then create your own masterpiece.  

Here's mine:


Do you see the similarities?  Flowers against a blue background?  

I chose the Cheerful Daisies dies, cutting two of the large "cluster" die, and then individual pieces of the daisy layers.  I sponged the leaves in Parakeet Party, and added a spot of Lemon Lolly to the centers of the flowers.  


I love the detail of these daisies!  And against a piece of the Fresh as a Daisy DSP, they just pop!


Instead of a cardstock "bow" (like Cindy used), I tied up my bouquet with Linen Thread, and added a few Adhesive Backed Solid Gems in yellow to finish off my card.

But the best thing about this card was this:


After I was finished with the full-size card, I had a few daisies left over.  How about a mini card?  LOVE!


Same background paper adhered to a 6" x 3" (scored at 3" and folded in half) Thick White base, and then the daisies added with Dimensionals.  The greeting is from Darling Details, and fit perfectly in the corner.

I'm so glad Cindy sent me her card - it sparked a little creativity and I love the outcome!  

Cheerful Daisies stamps and dies are available now!  Shop here.  


Product List

No comments: