Friday, July 21, 2023

A Stellar Birthday Card

 What kind of card to you send to a 21 year old?  A Stellar one of course!


My granddaughter recently turned 21and I love the designer paper that goes with the Reach for the Stars bundle, so I decided to use that for her card.  And since I made one of the platform cards, I needed something to write on - hence the "flat" card.  Let's take a look:


This hexagon platform is a little tricky to put together, but it's so worth the effort!  I made it in Basic Black, and added some of the Stargazing patterned paper around the sides, to give it a "space" feel.


Because the platform has slots to allow your pieces to stand up, I added the astronaut and space shuttle, and then fussy-cut planets from the DSP, and attached them to Window Sheet strips so they could "float" in space.  


The astronaut and space shuttle were stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed with black embossing powder, then colored with Stampin' Blends.  


And look - the platform folds flat for mailing!  

Then I needed the card:


Did you know you can cut images from DSP that are incomplete?  Those that are on the sides of the sheet - cut them and use them on the side of a card!  Like the planet here.  The stamps are from Biggest Wish, and I used the skinny Alphabet a la Mode dies for the numbers.  

Check out Reach for the Stars and the Stargazing Designer Series Paper - a fun combo for out-of-this-world crafting!  



Product List

No comments: