Thursday, July 6, 2023

Swap Time

 I've mentioned before that I am a member of a swap group (where we all create a card, make 12 of the same ones, and send them to one of our team members who then separates them and sends us one of each card).  It's a great way to see some samples of stamps that we may not have purchased, or see what someone else does with a set we have, or get ideas for unique fun-fold cards or color combinations we may not have thought of.

Our latest swap was to create with a new set from the 2023-24 Annual Catalog release.  So here's my sample, featuring Darling Details and new colors:


I loaded a whole bunch of new "stuff" onto this card!  Let's break it down...

1.  Darling Details stamps and dies

2.  Colors - Boho Blue, Misty Moonlight, Moody Mauve, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist and Lemon Lolly

3.  Dies - the Darling Details dies along with Wanted to Say dies

4.  The Exposed Brick embossing folder

5.  Embellishments:  the Adhesive-Backed Solid Gems

Wow!  Can you pack much more into one card?


The flowers were stamped and cut with the dies, along with some little leaves (part of the dies).  And check out that frame!  Cut with Boho Blue and then embossed, it gave me a window for my flower.  But since I mounted it to a Misty Moonlight layer, I had to cut the middle out of the darker layer.


The words from Wanted to Say were cut in Misty Moonlight (the "bubble" word background) and Boho Blue (the actual words).  I used some Adhesive Sheets to make is MUCH easier to stick the words on the bubbles.


I"m not usually a fan of creating multiples of the same card, but doing it in pieces made it work.  And all I had to do was put the cards together and ship them off.  

And yesterday I got my swap cards back; I've got 12 new samples to show you over the next few days.  This is a great group of creative people, and I know you'll enjoy seeing their creations.  So be sure to c'mon back later this week!  

Product List

No comments: