Monday, July 3, 2023

It's July! You Know What That Means...

Yes, it's July, and for the past few years I have had a Merry Monday each week from the beginning of July until December.  So here we go again.   It's a great way for me to prepare for the busy holiday season by getting many of my cards done WAY before they are needed.  If you haven't tried it, give it a go - it truly relieves some of the stress of the holiday season!  And what could be better than listening to your favorite Christmas carols while you create in 95 degree weather?

I don't have any new holiday stamp sets yet (the new holiday mini catalog will be available for demo pre-order in August, and for customers in September) so I pulled out a great, all-occasion set, Cottage Wreaths:


 But I did want to show you something new - how about masks?  


There are two sets of masks for sale in the 2023-24 Annual Catalog - Artistic Mix and Foursquare.  I chose the Artistic Mix set - a group of 5 masks in 5 designs.  

Masks are great for creating various backgrounds.  You can color them with Spritzers, Sponge Daubers, Sponges, or Blending Brushes.  Or you can use them with Embossing Paste to create a textured background.

I chose an easy version for this card.  I used a little piece tape to adhere my Basic White card base to my scrap paper, and another piece to hold the mask still while I used Blending Brushes to lightly color over the mask.  This left a grid pattern on my paper.  Easy peasy!


Then I just stamped and cut the wreath and stamped a greeting in the corner.  


An easy start to this year's holiday cards (I must admit, I'm not REALLY ready for the holidays, as we have just very recently transitioned our weather to nice, warm sunny days!).  But I'll also admit that I love the way this card came out and will enjoy choosing which of my friends or family members will receive it in December!

What are you making for Merry Monday?



Product List

No comments: