Friday, January 20, 2023

Seaside Bay

One of my favorite new suite of products in the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog is By the Bay.  The stamp set has a "by the bay" feel, with sea birds, shells and a crab (and coordinating dies!).  But the patterned paper is what first made me swoon!  By the Bay DSP is simply gorgeous!  With accents of gold foil and pearlized foil as part of the designs, it just won my heart. 

Today's card is a knock-off of one I saw on the demo website.  


What do I love?  Well first is the patterned paper - a 2" wide strip of one of the patterns (without the gold or pearl foil) mounted on a piece of Sahara Sand.  I love the shell pattern in blues and greens.  

Then, take a look at the right side of the card.  Here is where it gets interesting.  I embossed a piece of Night of Navy with the Seashells embossing folder (remember that one?  From the Friends Are Like Seashells collection?  Still a favorite!), and then lightly sponged over the raised areas with White Craft ink to give it a little dimension.  


The greeting, from Go to Greetings, was stamped on Sahara Sand with Night of Navy ink - stamping on colored cardstock is always nice on a "guy card".  And I used a piece of the new Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon, tied in a faux bow.  (What's a faux bow?  I first wrapped a short piece of the ribbon around the strip, fastening it in the back with tape.  Then I slipped another piece of ribbon under the first and tied it--it looks like the ribbon goes all the way around the strip and is tied in a knot, but it's just two short pieces.)


Then there's that oyster - I cut it with the Seaside Bay dies using Pearlescent Paper.  

And look:


When opened, there's a pearl - the Adhesive-Backed Flat Pearls are perfect inside this shell!



By the Bay is a lovely suite!  I hope you'll give it a try.


Product List

No comments: