Wednesday, January 11, 2023

A Sweet Box of Cards

Have you ever seen a card and decided to re-create it?  That's how this little box of cards came about.   But more about that in a minute.  

First the box:


That paper!  Dandy Designs is a great SAB item.  With a $100 purchase, you can choose this huge pack of paper - 48 sheets of 12" x 12" double-sided paper (4 sheets of each design--12 designs in all).  And the colors are scrumptious:  Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody and Petal Pink.  This pack could see you through an entire year of card-making or scrap-booking!

So what's inside?

I saw a card on the Stampin' UP! demo Facebook page that got me started:


This simple card uses the Decorative Borders stamp set (featured in the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog).  The sample I saw used this large stamp (the floral vine) with a block from Watercolor Shapes stamped over it - I loved it!  And I have the Watercolor Shapes, but had not yet shown it any love...So I stamped my block in Mango Melody and used one of the coordinating papers in the Dandy Designs pack as a layer.  

And then I started thinking - what if I colored the flowers?


So I tried again, and this time I used Mint Macaron in the background; then I stamped the vine image a second time and fussy-cut the flowers after coloring them with Fresh Freesia Blends.  


And used another pattern from Dandy Designs for the layer under the top panel.  Pretty!

Now I was really feelin' creative, so I persevered:


Using another vine-like image from the set, I tried again, this time using the ovals from Watercolor Shapes.  

And one more:


Essentially the same card, but stepped up to include the Blends-colored vine, Timeworn Type embossing and a few jewels.  

So then I had these:


I decided to package them all up, with coordinating envelopes, and created the box.


Someone will be getting a little "box of happy" one of these days!  And all because a demonstrator inspired me with one card.  

The Mini Catalog is live, and Sale-a-Bration is going on now.  Be sure to grab your FREE items when you place your orders - it's the best time of the Stampin' UP! year!  
 

Product List

No comments: