Monday, January 23, 2023

A Triple Time Card

 Triple time?  Yes!  This is a fun technique to show off patterned paper or stamped cardstock.  Look:


I usually use this technique after stamping an entire sheet of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock.  But I decided to switch it up and used a piece of patterned paper for my card.


Here's how it works:

1.  Start with a piece of patterned paper measuring 4" x 5-1/4".  

2.  Using a "nesting die" (a set with dies of graduated sizes - here I used the Deckled Rectangle dies), choose four dies that "nest".  Start with the third largest of them and place it on your patterned paper, centering it.  Then take the smallest one and center it inside the other one.  

3.  Run it through your Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, and save the pieces.

4.  Now, using the largest and the second smallest dies, cut coordinating cardstock.  

5.  Building your card:  Add the largest piece of patterned paper (it will now look like a frame) to your card base.  Then mount the two smaller pieces of patterned paper to the die-cut cardstock.  Then, matching the patterns, adhere them to your card front.  I used Evening Evergreen for my cardstock pieces, and mounted everything "flat" (without Dimensionals), but you can also use Dimensionals if you prefer.

6.  Add your greeting and embellishments.


I chose the now-retired Fitting Florets designer paper for my card, and used a greeting from the Framed Florets stamp set.  I then die cut one of the floral images from the paper to embellish my card.


Try the Triple Time technique - it's a great way to show off your patterned papers, or stamp a piece of Basic White cardstock all over and do the same technique!  Your friends will be amazed!


Product List

No comments: