Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Combining Three Favorites!

If anyone were to ask me about my favorite stamp sets, I would have to say that I couldn't just pick one.  Of course I love all the "beachy" sets (By the Bay, Friends are Like Seashells, Oceanfront and Paradise Palms) but right now my favorite set is Sweet Citrus.  BUT I also love Nothing's Better Than.  So how about combining them?


 I was playing with an idea for a birthday card for my niece, and I had limes sitting on my desk (not real limes, just these adorable stamped-cut-embossed limes).  And I thought, what do you make with limes?  


Drinks, of course!  So I got to work.

This is a Z-fold card, but it's a really easy fun-fold.  Start with a piece of Basic White cut to 4-1/4" x 11".  Score it at 5-1/2" and 2-3/4".  Fold it in half on the 5-1/2" score line and then fold BACK on the 2-3/4" score line, creating a "z":


I decorated it all with Granny Apple Green stripes from the Dandy Designs patterned paper (a FREE Sale-a-Bration offering with a $100 purchase -- you get 48 sheets of 12" x 12" paper!).  


The front panel (glue is only on the back left side in order for the card to open) is full of limes from Sweet Citrus and stamped in Granny Apple Green and Parakeet Party.  I used a little starburst stamp from Nothing's Better Than stamped all over the panel, along with the greeting from the same set.  

Then I went to town decorating the inside:


Paradise Palms supplied the palm trees, the drinks were stamped from Nothing's Better Than, and "Cocktails" is cut with the coordinating dies.  Such fun!


Now I have to go through my sets and see what others I can combine!  

What are your favorite sets and how do you combine them?

Sale-a-Bration is about to enter its second and final month!  Have you gotten all the FREE items on your Shopping List?  Remember these products are available until supplies run out, so don't delay!  Order today!


Product List

No comments: