Monday, November 2, 2020

Leftover Christmas

Have you ever found some leftover pieces on your desk and tried to make a card, and it came out even better than you dreamed it would?

That's what happened to me with this card.  


I've been prepping for a Cards by Mail class (a monthly offering) and had a bunch of leftover pieces on my desk.  There were Real Red frames, Whisper White frames and lots and lots of Real Red Christmas trees.  

I picked up the pieces and was going to move them off my desk when inspiration struck.  I layered the red frame over the white one and stuck a few of the trees in the center, and I was hooked - HAD to make a card!


But it needed something in the background - Plaid!  A piece of Plaid Tidings patterned paper was just the ticket!  But there was still something missing...

Black!  I quickly cut another Stitched Rectangle using Basic Black, and I was happy.

These three frames are layered over the plaid on a card base of Thick Whisper White.

And those trees:


I carefully lined them up inside the Evergreen Forest embossing folder and ran them through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, creating an embossed pine tree on each.  

The greeting, from Wrapped in Christmas, was stamped in Tuxedo Black, punched with a 1-1/2" circle punch and layered over a black Layering Circle die-cut.



 I still have a bunch of these trees, so I expect I'll make some more "spur of the minute" cards.  Hmmm, let's see...what else can I do with them?  I guess you'll have to come back and see!  


Product List

No comments: