Monday, November 16, 2020

A Christmas Ornament Gift Box

 Yesterday I told you the story of my virtual family movie night watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I mentioned that I was sending my 10 "sisters" (actually sister, daughter, daughters-in-law, sister-in-law, and nieces) a Hallmark Christmas ornament to commemorate our fun evening of virtual togetherness.  You can see the post here.

I promised a look at my packaging, so here it is:


First and foremost is the greeting - is that not perfect?  It's from Wrapped in Christmas, and is truly one of my favorites!  


I chose a Stampin' UP! Acetate Card Box for sending my gift.  The size is perfect for my card, the ornament and a little shredded paper.  All I had to do was create a belly band.


I started with a 1-3/4" x 12" piece of Heartwarming Hugs patterned paper.  By scoring it at 2-7/8", 3-1/2", a smidge over 8" and 8-3/4" it fit perfectly around the box.  I used SEAL+ to hold it closed on the front of the box, but with no adhesive on the box itself (so it can slide off and the box can be used again).  

A Stitched Shapes circle was adhered over the front, then some Gold Foil sprigs and the sentiment, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies were added.  Finally I stamped the holly from Christmas Gleaming, cut it out with my Scan 'n Cut, and colored it with Blends.  I love the way it all came out!


Stampin' UP! has many packaging options, from Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes to Mini Pizza Boxes, to several sizes of acetate boxes.  Check them out on page 152 of the Annual Catalog.  They hold all kinds of treats and are easy to decorate--just perfect for the holidays!

And catch a Hallmark Christmas movie - the happy endings always make you feel good!  😊


Product List

No comments: