Saturday, November 14, 2020

A Hallmark Movie Card

 First a story:  

Last year my sister, Holly, and I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie virtually.  I live in Oregon, she lives in California, so we decided to watch together and we texted each other throughout the movie, enjoying our virtual "togetherness".  Little did we know this would be the start of something...

Fast forward to this year.  About a month ago, Holly texted me about an upcoming new Hallmark Christmas movie, and we thought it would be fun to get our daughters in on the fun.  And then something happened - it spread.  We sent a text to our daughters, my daughters-in-law, Holly's son's girlfriend, and our brother's wife.  Everyone jumped on the bandwagon.  Then my sister-in-law included her daughter and we had 10 of us in the game.  I created a group text for everyone (who are up and down the west coast, from Portland, OR to San Diego, CA and everywhere in between).  Holly ordered all of us the official Hallmark Christmas movie-watching blanket, and I created a Bingo game of the usual movie scenes (you know - single parent of a cute child, hot chocolate, ice skating, etc).  My niece researched drinks, and came up with a wonderful "Peppermintini" (and yes, we all got the ingredients and made them!).  

On the afternoon of our movie-night, the texts started flying.  Everyone was ridiculously giddy-excited to "get together".  And then it was finally 7 p.m.  With Peppermintini's in hand, we all texted selfies of ourselves wrapped in our blankets and watched the movie "together".  Such a fun night; everyone was asking if "that" was the "official tree lighting", if we saw ice skaters in the background did it count, and was talk of a Christmas festival good enough to mark off a Bingo square?  So silly and SO FUN!

When it was over, I knew I had to commemorate the evening for us all, so I ordered 10 of the "official" Hallmark store Christmas ornaments (you'll see it in a minute), and I spent today preparing to send them out.  Of course I couldn't send it without a card:


So goofy!  And I love it!  I used the Nothing's Better Than set for most of the card, but added in a few extras (Itty Bitty Christmas and the retired Labeler Alphabet, along with stars for the Christmas cookies from Merry Moose).  

Now making multiples of cards can be tedious, especially with all the die-cutting I had to do.  Fortunately, there's the Stamparatus!  What a time-saver!  Look:


I started by mounting all the stamped words on the Stamparatus, inked them up and stamped:


Perfect placement on all the cards!

Then I had to stamp, color and die-cut all the elements (hot chocolate cup, cocktail glass and cookie), and this time I mounted the images and used the Stamparatus to stamp them:


Once stamped, I cut them out (I actually stamped and cut a second cocktail glass because I didn't get the first one lined up just right).


Then I cut multiples of the cookies, cup and glass (unstamped and not yet colored), and fit them back into the template.  They fit perfectly, just where the stamps are aligned:


And I was able to stamp 3 of them at the same time.  Making 10 was a breeze, as I didn't have to line up the images to cut them out!  Woohoo!


I also used my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to ink up just a portion of the "Christmas Cheer" stamp to make "Christmas Cookies" (from Itty Bitty Christmas):


And see that Green Foil shimmer layer?  I love the Red and Green Foil Sheets - a perfect bright spot!

And inside:


I love this sentiment, from the now-retired Thanks for the Laughs.  

Now I'm ready to package up my card and ornament (I'm putting them in an Acetate Card Box and wrapping it with a belly-band of Heartwarming Hugs patterned paper - I'll try to remember to snap a photo before I send them off).

Here's my card and ornament:


Won't this make a great memory for a crummy year?  😄

What are you doing to keep yourself sane while isolating from family?  Maybe try a Hallmark Christmas Movie Night!  


Product List

No comments: