Friday, November 27, 2020

Feels Like Frost

Here in Oregon we are getting frosty weather.  Seems a little early to us, but we've only had one winter here, and last year, we are told, was quite mild.  So maybe the cold is normal, but it's definitely sweater (and jacket!) weather!

So maybe that's what made me pull out the Feels Like Frost patterned paper to make some thank-you cards.  I love the pretty photos on one side and the silver-touched patterns on the reverse.  


 The fold of this card is a little different.  The card base is cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4", but then I lopped off 1-1/4" from the front panel.  This allowed me to carry over the pretty paper on the front to the inside.


The patterned paper was cut 2-7/8" x 5-1/4", and then I moved the paper in the trimmer and cut another 1" so the pattern continues.   And see that border?  The Ornate Layers dies (the largest one) was used, but I only cut along the two longest sides, giving me a pretty border.  This was adhered to the back of the patterned paper, and then the piece was added to the card front.


On the inside, the 1" strip was glued to the right side of the card (lining it up with the piece on the front so the top and bottom are one continuous line).  


I finished with some Adhesive Backed Snowflakes, sprinkled randomly over the front.  


I was so happy with how these turned out that I made a few more!  

Check out Feels Like Frost - a beautiful paper that needs very little else to create a lovely card!


Product List

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

Beautiful card and pretty easy for my ladies, I think. Thanks for posting instructions.

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Ceresa! This really is a very easy card, and could be used with any patterned paper. Of course, using one with a photo on it makes it especially nice, as you "continue" the picture to the inside. Have fun!