Thursday, November 21, 2019

Appreciating Falling Leaves

I have just gone through my first autumn in Portland, and I loved it!  Growing up on the east coast, I always enjoyed "leaf peeping" - driving around and appreciating all the glorious fall colors as the leaves changed.  And it was like that here!  No one told me it would be like this, and as I drove around town, I couldn't stop oohing and aahing over all the gorgeous colors!

Which inspired this card.  It was a technique card we made at my last card club:


It was such an easy card to make but everyone loved the Baby wipe Technique.  I folded a baby wipe and dropped several drops of Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze ink refills on the wipes.  Then we just used it as an ink pad, inking up our stamps and stamping the leaves on Shimmery White cardstock.


The fall colors blended so well; I could almost picture the leaves on the trees outside as we stamped.

Once our main panel was completed, we used the Layering Circle dies to cut the area with the greeting.  It was layered on a scalloped circle of Cajun Craze, and after we tied our Copper Ribbon, we added the circle back to our card using Dimensionals, and lining up the leaves.


The greeting is from Sweetly Swirled, and stamped in Cajun Craze.  And see those pearls?  Just the regular Basic Jewels, but we colored them with a Cajun Craze Stampin' Blend.  Ahh, color perfection!


I think we really outdid ourselves with this beautiful fall card, don't you?


Product List




1 comment:

Ceresa said...

I really like this card. So perfect for fall and those gorgeous leaves in Portland. I tried the Baby Wipes technique once and it didn't work so well. I know it works better with a solid image. I tried it with the unicorn and that didn't work.

Thanks for sharing the details.