Sunday, December 4, 2016

Yikes! What a Mess...Sparking Creativity

Does this ever happen to you?

I have a rather large desk on which I stamp.  It's very organized...until I start stamping.  Why do I pull out a hundred items (and leave them all over my desk) just to stamp one card?  AND I end up having a 6" x 10" area on which to stamp!!!  ARGH!   Geez...this was prep for an upcoming Card Club, and I can guarantee that the attendees will love their card, but I felt like I bombed my craft room while making it...

OK, on to a REAL card:

A colleague at work recently lost his family dog.  Those of us who have been dog owners probably understand the sorrow he and his family are going through.  I wanted to acknowledge their feelings, and pulled out an old, but wonderful, stamp, D is for Dog.

My card base is Basic Gray, with a layer of Basic Black.  Then I took a piece of Watercolor Paper and did a Soft Sky wash, using my reinker and an Aquapainter.  When this dried, I adhered it to my card.

I cut a piece of Basic Black using my Stitched Shapes framelits (you HAVE to have these!!!), and heat embossed the pawprint with White Embossing Powder.  I also cut a small scalloped border with the "vintage" scallop border punch (retired).

To highlight the pawprint I pupped up a square frame (cut Silver Foil with two sizes of the Layering Squares framelits) using Foam Adhesive Strips (oh, there's a "scrunch" of Silver Thread in the corner), and then added a scribbly heart, cut with Swirly Scribbles.

The wonderful sentiment (from the same stamp set) was cut using the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits, and I finished with a Soft Sky Enamel Shape heart.

A nice way to honor a family friend...

Most products can be purchased by clicking on the link below:


Product List





No comments: