Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Another Gift-Giving Idea

I know, I know...Christmas is over, but here is a fun way to give a treat to your friends any time of year.  I happened to make these for colleagues in my office, but they would be a cute way to say "thank you for that thing you did" any time of year.

I saw this idea on Susan Itell's Simple Stampin' blog, and ran with it.

Chocolate Chip cookie fixings in a jar!  Now Susan used clear Ball jars (1 quart size) and you can see the ingredients better, but I mistakenly picked up some PURPLE (special edition) jars.  When I got home, I was initially disappointed, but then decided to have a little fun.

So after washing and drying the jars (thoroughly!), I filled them with the following:

     1-3/4 cup flour
     3/4 teaspoon baking soda
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     3/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
     1/2 cup white sugar
     1-1/2 cups chocolate chips

Next I added some sparkly washi tape around the lid of the jar:

And then I made a tag, using Sweet Sugarplum and Elegant Eggplant.  The tag was punched on one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, and on the other end with the Banner Triple Punch.  Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Holly embossing folder:


A piece of Silver Foil is under the lacy cut out of the Cheerful Tags Framelits Dies in Elegant Eggplant.  The stamp is from Here's to Cheers--stamped in Sweet Sugarplum and again using an Elegant Eggplant marker and just highlighting "Scrumptious".

I hand cut the banner and layered it over the stamped image (which was cut using the Layering Circles framelits).

The tag was tied to the printed directions to make the cookies using ribbon from the 3/8" Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack.

The directions say:
Empty contents of jar into a large bowl.
In separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup of butter (use the real stuff), 1 egg and 1 yolk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Beat until cream.  Add to the dry mixture.
Drop by tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake ina a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on a rack, grab some milk and enjoy!

Here they are all packaged up and ready for distribution...

Try this the next time you need a small gift.  It was a huge hit among my coworkers!

Purchase products by clicking on them; it will take you directly to my on-line store:


Product List

No comments: