Thursday, December 8, 2016

Sometimes We All Need a Little Sympathy

Unfortunately there are times when a sympathy card is needed, and last week was one of those times for me.  In fact, sisters with whom I work lost their mom, so I needed two.  They are special women and I wanted something beautiful and elegant.  Here is one:

I've really been liking the Weather Together stamp set, and pulled it out again for it's sentiment, "wishing you brighter days".  And to go along with it, I decided to use the "spotlight" technique for my card.


Spotlighting is taking an image and stamping it in neutral tones (I used Basic Gray and Smoky Slate) and then coloring one piece of the image to highlight it.  So I began with a background using Butterfly Basics in Basic Gray, and stamped a medley of images from Timeless Textures all around the image using Smoky Slate.

Then I stamped the main floral image again, and colored it using my Blender Pens and Rich Razzleberry and Pear Pizazz and Old Olive inks.


This was cut out with my Layering Ovals framelits and I added a little scalloped piece of Rich Razzleberry below my colored image.  Then I popped it up on Dimensionals, matching up the image with the gray one beneath.

The little butterfly from Kinda Eclectic was also stamped in Basic Gray and punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch.

Card base is Sweet Sugarplum, with a layer of Rich Razzleberry and another of Basic Gray.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray, and layered on Rich Razzleberry.  I finished with a little Wink of Stella on the colored flowers.

What do you think?  Subdued, elegant and respectful?

Click the product below to order:


Product List


3 comments:

bonniemon said...

What a beautiful card!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie; I was very happy with the way it turned out, and since the sentiment said "brighter days" I thought the spotlight technique was perfect.

Mrs. S said...

Love this card! May I adapt it for my card class?