Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Lovely (as a Tree) Christmas Card

Experimenting for a card club card found me creating a shaker card using an old favorite, Lovely as a Tree.  I think every stamper has/should have this stamp set in their stash, and it's one of the biggest, all-time best-selling stamp in the Stampn' UP! collection.  I hadn't used it in a while, so I pulled it out for a Christmas card.  This is not the final version used for Card Club (I'll show you that one next week), but I like it enough to share with you:

This card has a different fold.  I started with Emerald Envy, 4-1/4" x 11", and scored it in half at the 5-1/2" mark.  Then I moved the score line 3/4" inch to the right and scored again.

This creates a little "binding"--I ran some Tear and Tape Adhesive along the score line and adhered the fold; now the card opens but is a little shorter than usual, with a 3/4" edge that doesn't open.

Next I took a square of Night of Navy, and stamped the line of trees in Versamark, then heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder.


This was adhered to the front of my card.  I cut a square (using the Layering Squares framelits) in a piece of Whisper White, stamped the sentiment (from Greetings from Santa) in Night of Navy, and glued a piece of Window Sheet to the back.

After carefully placing some White Micah Flakes and some Fancy Frost Sequins on top of my embossed trees, I added some Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of my Whisper White piece, and carefully adhered it over my embossed trees, creating a shaker card.

I finished with the large pine tree, inked in Navy and fussy cut, then popped up on Dimensionals.  Just a Whisper White Bakers Twine bow was all this card needed to finish it off.

All products can be purchased by clicking the link and going to my online store:


Product List

No comments: