Thursday, December 22, 2016

Last One for 2016!

So it's time to say goodbye to Christmas 2016...well at least to my Christmas Cards.  I've been sharing the last of them this week, and today we've reached the end.  But I've saved one of my favorites til last...lookie:


Oh my, this card is SO full of texture!

The Cucumber Crush base is embossed with the Holly embossing folder, one of my favorite folders (and I was a "late bloomer"--saw this in the catalog but it didn't strike me as something I had to have until I got it.  Wowzers!  Gorgeous!)

I then took a piece of Whisper White and, using one of the thin, detailed strips from Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies, I made the cut-out lines.  This took a bit of skill--I used a post-it note on either side, lining it up along a piece of Grid paper to ensure it would be straight, and then cut it 4 times.


Then I stamped the Merry Christmas, from Greetings from Santa, with Real Red ink, and tied a piece of (oops!  Retired!) red ribbon around the bottom, tying a small bow of Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine around it.  This piece was then mounted over a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, using Dimensionals.

I stamped the two little trees, also from Greetings from Santa, using Cucumber Crush ink, and added the little star with Daffodil Delight.  These trees were fussy-cut and added with Dimensionals.

So sparkly...and SO copied!  This card comes directly from the pages of the Holiday catalog, (page 11).  Use the pages of our wonderful catalogs to create your own beauties! 

All products can be purchased here:


Product List

No comments: