Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Season of Thanks

Well here it is, November 1st already.  Wasn't I just commenting on the New Year?  How does time fly?
Well we're entering my favorite time of year.  I don't know whether it's the fabulous food, the pretty colors or the family fellowship that I like best, but it really is a special time.

I'll start off our new month with a thank you card.  I had a number of samples from Jar of Haunts on my blog over the past several weeks, and believe it or not, I have one more sample--AFTER Halloween!  Take a look:

I was playing around trying to come up with something for a Card Club, and this popped out of my hands.  That wonderful pumpkin is straight from the set of Jar of Haunts; you see it comes with a Jack-o-Lantern face should you choose to use it, but I just loved the simplicity of the perfect pumpkin shape.

I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White card stock.  Then I simply colored them using a Pumpkin Pie (how perfect a name is that?) Stampin' Write marker.  The stem and leaves are colored with Pear Pizzazz.

I stamped both stems directly on my card front; the second pumpkin was fussy-cut and added with Dimensionals, and I tied a small bow with stings of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, sticking it on with Glue Dots.

And check out that Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper Flourish--that was cut using the Flourish Thinlets, but it was too long.  So I carefully snipped apart a circle near the end, then laid the two pieces, one on top of the other to make it just the right length.  It's really sparkly!

Welcome to November!

All products can be purchased here.

And don't forget--today is the day you can purchase your Stitched Shapes Framelits and stamp sets specially priced for this offer.  Check out this post for all the details!  


No comments: