Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Fun Continues

Here's Day 2 of my project tutorial for the recent holiday inspired blog hop (see it here).   Today I'll show you how to make the "tray" to hold two of the Stampin' UP! White Gift Boxes:


I love these gift boxes.  They are 3" x 3" x 3"--perfect-sized cubes for small treats or gift cards.  And because they are completely white, the decorating opportunities are endless!  They are food safe, and come with acetate sleeves to fit around four sides, holding them closed.

Because I had a small multi-part gift to put in my boxes, I wanted to figure out a way to present two of them together.  I came up with an idea to make a "tray" for them, and here is how I did it:

I started with a piece of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Emerald Envy cardstock and scored 1-1/8" on all 4 sides:

Snip to the score line as shown.

Fold on the score lines and adhere the tabs inside to create your box:

Just the right size for two gift boxes:


 Then I simply took a 1" strip (actually 2 strips of 12" DSP) of Presents and Pinecones Designer Series Paper and ran it around the outside of the tray:

and using some Tear & Tape Adhesive around the top of the tray, I adhered some of the beautiful Real Red 3/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon.

Once my boxes were inside, I wrapped them up with more of the ribbon, and added a tag.

The tag was cut using the Cheerful Tags Framelits dies.  The tag was cut with Emerald Envy card stock and I cut just the top part with Whisper White, adhering it over the green tag.  The matching Here's to Cheers stamp set provides the words and the little swirls in the top corners; the larger curl-i-que along the bottom is a piece of Real Red card stock cut with a die from the framelits.  And the inside is decorated with a matching piece of DSP.

I finished off my boxes with two die-cut phrases:  "for you" and "enjoy" both come in the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits; I cut them out of Real Red and glued them on the front.


I hope you get some of these Gift Boxes--they're great for gift-giving any time of year!

Click on the photo and you'll be taken to my on one store. 


Product List

No comments: