Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Vintage Christmas

I'm not much of a "vintage" girl...I usually prefer brighter colors and simpler cards.  In fact, I had a team meeting the other day, and we were talking about styles.  One of the attendees mentioned my "style" and it surprised me--she can always pick out my cards.

So when I recently brought this card to a Card Club, the surprise registered around the table...along with the "oohs"...

Yeah, so TOTALLY NOT me!  But I love it!

I took Garden Green cardstock for the base, and then a slightly smaller (4" x 5-1/4") layer which was run through the Big Shot with my Cable Knit embossing folder.

Then came the hard part for a lot of the attendees--crumbling up the designer series paper!  Yes, those music notes are from the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, and was so pretty...but I encouraged them to crumple it into a ball and then gently unfold it.  We then sponged Crumb Cake ink on it, a bit heavy along the edges, and voila!  Instant "vintage"!

The sentiment comes from a host set, Holly Jolly Layers, and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Garden Green ink.  We cleaned the stamp and inked it up in Real Red, stamping again, but only for the word "merry", which was hand cut and adhered on the green version.

We cut the sentiment with the Layering Squares Framelits, and added a tiny border of Cherry Cobbler (yes, the reds are different, but went very well together) also cut with Layering Squares.  Then we did one final layer of Garden Green, using the fabulous new Stitched Shapes.

Half of a Metallic Foil Doily was adhered to the bottom, and we completed our card with a Gold 1/8" Ribbon bow.

Merry Vintage Christmas!

Click on the product and you'll be taken to my on-line store.


Product List

No comments: