Sunday, November 6, 2016

On Stage Swap Cards

I've been attending the Stampin' UP! On Stage Local event in Phoenix, Arizona.  This fun get-together of demonstrators is a time for sharing ideas and business tips and, best of all, getting to see the brand new Occasions Catalog, coming your way soon.

When I attend these events I like to participate in "swaps"--I join a group of other demonstrators and we all make cards to exchange with each other.  For this event I signed up for two swaps--"I'm bringing birthdays back" and "Black and White with a Color".  Today I'm going to show you my Black and White card:

The rules are two layers, using only black and white (no vanilla) and one color. You must have an embellishment too.  So I used the Weather Together set with the matching Umbrella Weather Framelits and created my card.

The base is Basic Black.  On my next layer of Whisper White, I cut two umbrellas with the handles, and the cloud/raindrops. 
It's hard to see, but the Whisper White layer is elevated on Dimensionals, with the black layer peeking through the cutouts.

I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink.

Then I cut more umbrellas from the "color"-- I used Soft Sky in this example, but as you'll see when I show you all my swaps, I also used Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise--can't tell which I like best.

These little umbrellas are on Dimensionals above the white layer, and there's a Bakers Twine bow on each.  I also used an Enamel shape on the two black umbrellas in a matching color (I was only allowed to use one extra color).

So here's the "infinity shot"--shows off all my work.

What do you think?  Will my swaps be a success?

All products can be purchased here.




No comments: