Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Sweet (Sugarplum) Baby Girl

I'm a great aunt!  Yes, my nephew just had his first baby, my first grand-niece!  We are all celebrating.  

I pulled out an oldie but goodie set (and still available!) and played with Something for Baby and the matching Baby's First Framelits dies.  I chose a pallet of Sweet Sugarplum and a number of pinks...because, of course, this is a girl!

A fairly simple card, but in order to make all the images fit, I had to make it oversized--5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  The base is Sweet Sugarplum, with a layer of Whisper White.  Next comes some Sweet Sugarplum DSP from the In Colors Designer Series Paper Stack.  Then came the fun:

Each stamp was stamped and cut out:  the onesie with Sweet Sugarplum; the stacking toy was inked with Stampin' Write markers in Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron; the booties stamped with Pink Pirouette, and the bib with Peekaboo Peach.  The sentiment is from the "vintage" A Dozen Thoughts, stamped in Sweet Sugarplum.

The layers under the stamped images were cut with Whisper White card stock, using a bunch of dies I purchased at a scrapbook expo last week. They are actually nesting rectangles, but I shortened the length, width or both depending on what I needed.  Then I layered them on Pink Pirouette, except for the sentiment box--that's on Rich Razzleberry for a little contrast.

And of course this card must have a matching envelope, right?  The Envelope Punch Board became my best friend, along with some more of the designer series paper.

Congrats to Dan and Talia, and welcome little Peri!

Most supplies can be purchased here.








No comments: