Friday, March 4, 2016

Congratulations to Izzy!

My granddaughter just made her junior-high basketball team...YEA!  It's the first time she has tried out for a team, and she was so excited to be granted a spot on the roster.  She likes to text me each morning on her way to school and last week she sent text messages each morning telling me about the try outs.  And she made the team!

So naturally I had to make her a special congratulations card!  Take a peek:





I used Simply Sports, and truth be told, I had to stamp the panels three times to get them right (arghh!).  My Stamp-a-Ma-Jig was the superstar here..between the figures, the ball and the ponytails, I relied on this trusty tool to get it all lined up.

The base is Basic Black, but I cut it to 5" x 11"--the card came out to 5" x 5-1/2".  Then there's a layer of Cucumber Crush, with the sides cut on the Stampin' Trimmer with the Rotary  Small Scallop blade.  Next comes a layer of Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper.



The players were stamped on Very Vanilla with Memento Tuxedo Black ink; the first was stamped full strength, and the others were stamped off once or twice.  The Very Vanilla panels are 2" x 4" and are layered haphazardly on more Cucumber Crush.

The sentiment uses letters from Calling All Heroes--so fun!




Because the card is an unusual size, I had to make my own envelope--thank goodness for the Envelope Punch Board and In-Color Envelope Paper!

Congrats, Isabella!  May you play hard, play fair, and play your best!

All supplies can be purchased here.


No comments: