Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Manly Birthday Card

I always seem to struggle when making a birthday card for a guy.  Why is that?  Just because I like pretty colors and ribbons and embellishments...and most men don't?

Somehow though, when I saw Bear Hugs, I knew that I could make something kinda "natural" with it.  And here's what I came up with:


Isn't that fun?

My son-in-law is a fisherman.  He loves to fish.  So what could be better than wishing him a "day full of sunshine and a lake full of fish"?


This card starts with a Soft Suede Base and a layer of the Neutrals Color Collection Designer Series Paper.  I cut a Whisper White layer and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink.


My fish were stamped with Soft Suede and cut out using the matching Bear Hugs Framelits Dies (can't get much easier than that!).  Then I colored them all using the Wink of Stella in gold--catch that first fish--see all the sparkle?



I knotted a piece of Linen Thread on each side and stuck it down with a Glue Dot; my fish were added with Glue Dots or Dimensionals.

Of course there's a matching envelope--so easy to add a piece of the DSP to the flap and trip around the edge!

Happy Birthday to my son-in-law!  May your day be full of sunshine while you catch a lake full of fish!


All items can be purchased here.






No comments: