Monday, March 21, 2016

A Fancy Fold Birthday

What a month!  Whew!  Traveling 6000 miles, holding two classes and trying to make cards for 7 special occasions this month has kept me so busy!  But today (finally) I have something to show for all my work...

Here's a fun birthday card/gift card holder that I saw on Dawn Griffith's blog.  I made one (I'm preparing for a "birthdays only" class in early April) and liked it so much I thought I'd send one to my brother-in-law later this week.  Take a look:


From the front, it doesn't really look ALL that special.  But that little circle at the bottom is actually holding it closed...

Once you release the card, the bottom unfolds into two sections, and you STILL have a card at the top.  Then you open the card and...

...there's a place for the gift card and the sentiment.  Wowsa!  Such fun!

I started with a base of Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2", just like a traditional card.  But then you score in the middle of one of the sides and fold it back on itself.

Each section is covered with English Garden Designer Series Paper, mounted on Night of Navy cardstock.

Then there's the small card:

This is attached to the larger base piece.

I used BYOP and Perfect Pairings (this can be yours FREE with a qualifying Sale-a-Bration order, just through the end of this month!).   These were stamped in Night of Navy and Soft Suede ink.

Try one of these cards--it's fun and should make the recipient smile as the cards unfolds and unfolds to reveal a surprise!

All products can be purchased here.






No comments: