Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lovely as Christmas

Another Christmas card as we count down the days to the holiday.  This week I'm sharing the last of my cards that I've been making this month.

Today is another Card Club card, and it was the result of work I did a few weeks earlier when playing with an idea.  I love Lovely as a Tree, one of the best selling stamps in Stampin' UP! history.  If you don't have it, you should consider purchasing it--it's a keeper; a set that you will go to over and over again.

Last week I shared this card with you. It's a beautiful card, but it was just too complicated for many attendees to make at one sitting, so I simplified my sample and came up with this:



And I love it!  A serene winter scene...

The card base is Night of Navy, 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2" and again 3/4" to one side of the score line.  This creates a different, "book" fold card.  The card is folded in half (on the 5-1/2" score line), then the front is folded back along the second score line; place Tear and Tape adhesive along the score and glue shut.  It leaves a border edge that is 3/4" wide (just enough for a pretty bow!  This was made using the 3/8" Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack).

The main panel is Whisper White.  I cut a piece of Thick Whisper White card stock the same size and made a template by cutting a rectangle in the center.  This was placed over our panel, and we sponged with Smoky Slate to create the smoky rectangle in the middle.

The trees are inked with Night of Navy and (after blocking the edge of our Smoky Slate rectangle with some Post-It Tape) we stamped them over the rectangle.

Our large pine tree was also stamped with Night of Navy and we used a "contraband" die (Dies by Dave) to cut it out.  It's adhered using Dimensionals, and we punched a tiny Silver Glimmer paper star, using the Confetti Stars Border Punch, to top it off.


Merry Christmas!

Products can be purchased here:


Product List

No comments: