Thursday, February 19, 2015

Butterfly Basics and a New Template

I hold a monthly card club (actually three sessions) where participants make four cards.  Today I'll show you one of the cards from our February Card Club (I was told I couldn't share until we are finished with our classes, because the attendees like to be surprised!).  Since we finished for the month last evening, here is one of the cards we made:



This uses the new Butterfly Basics stamp set.  Although not on my must have list at first, I broke down and ordered it after seeing so many wonderful samples.  I'm now finding it's becoming one of my go-to sets, as it is very versatile.

The neat part of this card is the template--a typical 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2", but with 1-1/4" lopped off the front end.  This creates a perfect square for the card front, and opens up new possibilities for decorating.  I kept the 1-1/4" piece, trimming it from 4-1/4" to 4" so it layers just right on the inside piece of Very Vanilla.



To make this card, stamp the flowers using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" square of Typeset Designer Series Paper.  This fabbie paper is very thin, and you get 24 sheets, double sided, in each package for only $12.95!  It makes the perfect layer, and doesn't add bulk or weight.

After stamping, color the flowers with the lightest shade of Pink Pirouette Blendabilities, then shade with the darkest shade.
I deliberately left the leaves and stems uncolored, as I wanted to keep it very subtle.

Stamp the fern image (also with Tuxedo Black ink) on a small strip (1-1/8" x 3-7/8") of the Typeset DSP for the inside:


Then just layer away!
I colored a Pearl Basic Jewel with the darker Blendability for the sentiment accent, and stamped a butterfly with Blushing Bride ink, punching it out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.

This card was a hit with my stampers, who loved the simplicity and the template--easily duplicatable.


Is this a card you would make at home?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?
All supplies can be purchased here.

What have you created today?

No comments: