Saturday, January 10, 2015

Something Old, Something New...for the Challenges

My card today melds two card challenges into one. 

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 126 #stampinup #papercraftcrew #papercrafts #cardchallenge 
This one is from the Paper Craft Crew, and is a great, slightly stepped up basic card sketch, good for any type of card.

And then I saw this color challenge from Pals Paper Arts, and my card just came together:
 1-8-15

 Something New
I remembered the new (FREE) choice from Sale-A-Bration, Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper and thought it would be really cool to play with that.  The entire sheet of DSP is embossed, white on white (there are 6 different designs); you can use it as is, or color it using a brayer, sponges, sponge daubers, and even Blendabilities!  How fun is that?

So here is my card, with the Irresistibly Yours background:



 Something Blue
In keeping with the color challenge, I first brayered the entire embossed DSP with Soft Sky.  I then sponged Pool Party ink over the center part of the card, and finished by sponging Island Indigo from the bottom towards the center, blending all the shades nicely.  The card base is Soft Sky, with a slim layer of Island Indigo.

Since January is "birthday month" in my house (we celebrate FIVE!) I chose Big News for my stamp set.  The big sentiment is stamped with Island Indigo ink on Whisper White cardstock.  It's mounted on a two-tone layer (to highlight the two tones of the background paper), using Island Indigo and Soft Sky. 

The little sentiment is heat embossed on Island Indigo cardstock, using Pool Party Embossing Powder.

The candle, stamped in Soft Sky, is fussy-cut and glittered with Dazzling Diamonds, then popped up with Dimensionals.
Something Old
It's all finished off with some vintage Island Indigo ribbon and a Pool Party brad, and I punched some stars, using the Star Border Punch, which are placed randomly on my sentiment.

And there you have it; a "something old, something new, and something blue" card.  Won't you leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite new Sale-A-Bration item is?

All products can be purchased here.

What have you created today?


6 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Priscilla. I love the way you've combined the two challenges so beautifully. Great card. Thanks so much for joining the Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week.

Windy Ellard said...

Great card..love the brayering and ombre effect here. Thanks for joining the Pals color challenge this week!

Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rae said...

Super card with a beautiful hombre background. Thanks for playing along with the us this week.

Jan said...

Gorgeous card Priscilla! I love your background and the big bold birthday greeting with those gorgeous little stars! Thanks for joining us again this week at The Paper Craft Crew :-)

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely card Priscilla! I especially love the ombre effect you did in the background. Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. Your card has been selected to be included in this weeks Featured Artisan blog post.