Monday, September 30, 2024

Merry Monday in Peacock and Silver

It's a blue and silver Merry Monday this week!  And I have a pretty card for you:


 I was looking at my new patterned paper, Regal Winter.  This non-traditional paper features Berry Burst, Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Shaded Spruce and Wild Wheat...WHAT?  Certainly not colors you would usually think of for the holidays.  

But they sure do work!  Take this card for instance - I pulled one of the pages with a Wild Wheat floral design on one side, and found this lovely Pretty Peacock plaid on the back.  LOVE!  So I decided to try making a Christmas card with smoky blue-greens, and am so happy with the results!


I incorporated lots of silver to make everything shine.  

The Decorative Trees dies did most of the work, cutting a perfect Christmas tree and a silver snow-flake overlay.  

But can you see the speckled background?  That, my friends, is Craft White ink, diluted with a little water, and spattered on the paper using a Water Painter.  

Caution:  if you decide to try this technique, be sure to cover your work space AND your card base and DSP--😄 - ask me how I know!  Those extra speckles got all over everything on my desk.  Fortunately I had cleaned up most of my stash, but I did end up getting some on the DSP and even the tree.  And then when I went to cut the Lost Lagoon piece with the Radiating Stitches dies I accidentally smeared a little that hadn't completely dried. 😩

But I persevered, and love the outcome:


What mistake have you made that ended up working for the project you were making?  I'd love to hear about your mishap!  


Product List

No comments: