Thursday, June 6, 2024

Choose Happy

 Whew!  I've been so busy!  June is an extremely busy month for my family, with anniversaries, birthdays and Father's Day, and I've been on a roll trying to get all my cards done.  I can't share any of them yet, as the occasions haven't happened, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.  But I haven't had much to share until today.

It's the first time I've played with new stamps, and I pulled out Choose Happy for a start.  This cute set has 14 tiny images (heart, bunny, candle, pumpkin, etc) to commemorate all kinds of special occasions - from birthdays to holidays to seasons and more.  AND there are a ton of words, like "Dreams", "Gratitude", "Birthday", etc. to use with the two main words - Choose and Happy.  A fun way to build your card.

So for my first play, I decided on a birthday card (because I'm always in need of those!):


I started with a piece of the Full of Life Designer Series Paper - one with a watercolor look fading from greens to oranges to yellows.  I stamped "happy" randomly using Smoky Slate ink (and stamping off once) before ending up with one stamped in black.  

The little candles were stamped on small Stitched Rectangle die-cuts, and colored with Stampin' Blends.  


I embossed two colors of cardstock to coordinate with the designer paper and added everything to a white base.  

But it needed just a little something - black fine-tip marker to the rescue!  I added little squiggles and dots for a border, and love how it came out. 

One more birthday card for my stash!  And a fun play with the new stamp set!  


Product List

No comments: