Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Another Anniversary

June is such a busy month for my family!  We have several anniversaries and birthdays at the beginning of the month, and we can't forget Father's Day...lots of opportunities for card-making!  

I'm finally sharing a card I made for my son and daughter-in-law's anniversary.  Evan and Christy were married 18 years ago (so hard to believe!) and they are such a beautiful couple.  So I think they deserve a beautiful card:


I was so happy with the way this turned out!  

I started by stamping the large image from the Layers of Beauty stamp set.  Then, using the coordinating masks, I colored it using Blending Brushes and a few shades of reds and greens.  

But I couldn't stop there, even though the image was gorgeous enough to just layer on a card base.  I cut the image with the Layers of Beauty dies, and popped it up over a layer of cardstock embossed with the Exposed Brick embossing folder.  So pretty!


I wanted to bring out the greens as well as the reds, so I added an extra layer of Garden Green cardstock before mounting on a Real Red card base.  All this needed was a few Red Rhinestones to finish it off.

But the inside:


I stamped the sentiment with a tiny flower, cut it out and layered it over some green leaf die-cuts.  Just a little something special for inside the card.  

Layers of Beauty is one of my favorite sets, and the masks make you feel like an artist!  The results are stunning!  Pick up Layers of Beauty today!


Product List

No comments: