Wednesday, June 26, 2024

A Graduation

My granddaughter recently graduated from high school.  What an achievement!  I'm so proud!

I kept seeing cute pictures of cards using Birds Eye View, similar to the sample on page 105 in the Annual Catalog.  I knew I could use this idea, and I did:


 I love that little bird perched on a stack of books!

I stamped the book pile, masked it, and stamped again, creating a larger stack.  Then I added the bird.

Vickie's favorite color is pink - so naturally a pink bird.  But her high school colors are teal, black and white, so I pulled out a piece of retired black and white dotted DSP and adhered it to some retired Taken with Teal (yes, I still had a few pieces!).


This fun-fold card was similar to one I had seen by On Y Go Stamping, but I made it wrong.  And I actually like it better!  😊  The smaller side of the DSP should have been on the other side, but this way created a pocket (for the check we included):


So I was happy with the way it worked out!  

And check out the little graduation cap:


I used a small circle punch to cover the bird's head and added a diamond-shaped piece (hand drawn/cut) with a brad in the center and wrapped with some baker's twine.

Congrats to all the grads out there!  Your accomplishments are to be celebrated!

Product List

No comments: