Monday, October 16, 2023

Merry Monday in Neutrals

 I recently challenged myself to create a holiday card in neutral tones.  And I found it to be quite easy and super effective!  Take a look:


Although I usually celebrate Christmas in reds and greens, and an occasional blue, I had never used browns before.  So when I was thinking about this challenge, I pulled out my Glorious Gingham DSP and settled on Pecan Pie.  And I'm so happy I did!


I also decided to use Christmas Classics stamps and dies.  The beautiful frame (with embellished edges) is stunning.  So I got to work.

I cut the frame in Pecan Pie.  Then I stamped the images from the stamp set using Pecan Pie for the corners and Mossy Meadow for the greeting.  But before adding the label to the frame I threw in a few Vellum sprigs, also cut with the dies.

But I knew I needed just a tad more color - Mossy Meadow to the rescue, with die cut holly leaves that tuck in behind the frame.


Then it was time to put it all together - I adhered the gingham DSP to a skinny layer of Basic White, and then ran a strip of the Burlap ribbon around the layer.  This was then added to the Pecan Pie card base.  

Finally I popped the frame on top with Dimensionals, and finished off with some Brushed Metallic Dots.


I'm so happy I tried this!  It's a stunning card and I'll be proud to send this out during the holiday season, even if it isn't red and green!  😊

Have you tried a neutral or non-traditional Christmas card?  


Product List

No comments: