Monday, October 9, 2023

I'll Have a Blue Christmas...

 OK, who is singing along with me right now?  Any Elvis fans?  

As I started making this card for Merry Monday, I had no intention of making a blue card.  But I WAS trying to find non-traditional colors in my DSP that I could use, and this piece, from Countryside Inn looked promising.  So blue it is:


I bought the Handcrafted Elements dies (a stand-alone set of interesting dies) and wanted to use this ornament.  When cut, the center is open and there's another die that fits.  So once I determined my background paper, I decided to use Misty Moonlight for my ornament.


The inside (cut with More Dazzle DSP) is so sparkly!  

And since I didn't want to take away from the pretty ornament I left the rest of the card quite plain.


This is a gate-fold card.  To make it, I cut the card base 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 2-1/8" from either end.  This lets the two sides fold in, with the opening in the middle.

I added two 2" x 5-1/4" strips of DSP to either side and then mounted my ornament on two pieces cut with the Deckled Rectangle dies.  Easy peasy!


Opened, my card has a pleasant holiday greeting from Joy to You, stamped in Misty Moonlight ink.


Anyone else going to join me in my blue Christmas?  😊

Product List

No comments: