Friday, October 27, 2023

Ethan is a Teen!

My grandson is a teenager! However did that happen? I was in the delivery room when Ethan was born, and still can't believe it's been 13 years!  

Ethan has been fascinated by space since he was just a tiny boy, telling everyone about "waxing and waning" moons before he was three. So a space-themed birthday card seemed to be the perfect choice for him. 

When I saw a card by Rachel Tessman, I knew I couldn't come up with a better design, and I totally copied it. I used the Stargazing designer paper, and then created a mini envelope for a cash treat.  


I changed Rachel's card in that I used the DSP for the background instead of a totally black base. The planets were cut from the designer paper using the coordinating Reach for the Stars dies.


The greeting is from Season of Chic, and is also perfect for Ethan!

And then I needed something for his present (cash - he's a teen, of course!):


Using the Mini Pocket Envelope dies (available in the Online Exclusives), I created a small gift card holder with the designer paper. Then I cut another planet and some rings, and added them to the front, along with a tiny tag.


Perfect coordination!

Stargazing is a wonderful patterned paper and is sure to thrill any planet-loving person! And the dies include several circles and ovals - they are not just for this DSP, but can be used for all kinds of projects! Check them out.


Product List

No comments: