Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Fall Seedlings

Although I know some of you are still sweltering in summer heat, here in Oregon I am waking up to a chill in the early mornings.  By mid-day the temps are back in the area I consider perfection (around 80 degrees) but I know that autumn is approaching.

So it wasn't a surprise to me that I began to gravitate towards cool-weather colors - mossy greens, deep oranges and reds, and golden yellows.  And that was the starting point for this card:


Does this not scream "fall"?  

I love Soft Seedlings.  It's a beautiful, very simple stamp set with leaves and "helicopter" pods along with some beautiful greetings in a fabulous font.  And with the large maple leaf, it's a perfect set for using various techniques to ink/color them.  


For this card I chose five colors - Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobble and Mossy Meadow.  And I used Sponge Daubers to color the stamps.  I started with the lightest color (Crushed Curry) and added deeper colors as I went along.  Once the stamp was completely inked, I "huffed" on it to moisten the ink, and stamped it on Basic White cardstock.  Over and over.  


I felt the white between the leaves was a bit too severe, so using a Blending Brush I added some Pool Party with a very light hand.  I was amazed at how the leaves popped!

And there really is a greeting on this card:


I heat-embossed it with Gold embossing powder on Mossy Meadow, and cut it out with one of the dies in the Lighthouse set.  And that helicopter pod was colored with daubers and fussy-cut.


These colors were my mom's favorites.  As September is her birth month, I felt it was a great way to honor her with a card I know she would have loved.  Happy Birthday, Mom!  

And don't forget the Weekly Deals!  In fact, there was a little blunder in today's post on the Stampin' UP! website - the next group of Weekly Deals was posted a day early.  So for today only, you get a choice of twice as many products!  Don't delay; I'm sure the first batch of deals will disappear by tomorrow!  





Product List

No comments: