Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Bonus Card

Whew!  I've been prepping for my September Card Class since last week (which is my apology for not posting 😬) and I've finally gotten everything done.  They'll be going out in the mail tomorrow (so if you have subscribed to the class, this is your notice to look away until your package arrives, or know that the surprise will be ruined).  So let me show you what I've been up to.

When I attended the BackStage Leadership Conference in New Orleans I participated in a swap with other demonstrators.  I got one in return and I really liked it.  So, although I've changed up the colors and embellishment, this is based on a card I received from Elaine Schader.  Here is her card:


And here is my version:


The Aspen Tree dies are beautiful, and create this lovely, stark forest.  I chose to die-cut it in Basic Black for the top layer of my card.  

But do you see the white trees under the black ones?


I first cut a Thick Basic White piece of 4-1/4" x 11" cardstock with the dies.  This leaves a large cut-out on the front of the card.  But by adhering a piece of vellum behind the trees (on the inside of the card) the hole is covered.  

The Basic Black layer was also cut using the same die - however - I offset it slightly, so when layered on the card base, it would appear to have a white shadow - or maybe it's snow?  The black layer is adhered with Dimensionals to pop it up a little and give it even more dimension.  


I chose a greeting from Season of Chic, stamped in Tuxedo Black on a label from the Seasonal Labels dies.  Some Matte Black Dots and a Black Foil leaf (from the Aspen Trees die set) finish off the card.

But wait:  I promised you a "Bonus".  Look:


Stand the card up and place a battery-operated tea light behind the front panel, and you have a glowing forest!  Cool?  You bet!  I actually think I need to make another of these with a Halloween feel...what do you think?


Product List

No comments: