Saturday, June 26, 2021

Hats Off!

 True confession - this stamp set did not make it to my Wish List when I first saw it.  I thought it was cute, but didn't HAVE to have it.  So I waited...and then I started seeing samples, and then I thought more about it, and...well, here it is:



...and there are coordinating dies!  😍


So when I first saw it, of course I was thinking "guy cards".  We all need guy cards, right?  And all of my guys wear hats, so how perfect would this be?  

But then, as I pulled it out to start creating with it for the first time, this happened:


OK, how cute is that?  💗

One of my new favorite colors is Polished Pink.  And that background check?  That's one of the patterns from Pattern Party, a host-only offering of 48 sheets of 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper.  Although there are amazing and colorful designs on the front side, I was thrilled that the back sides of all the papers are black and white, in 12 different patterns!  So cool!

But wait...my background is pink and black...huh?

And that's where the Blending Brushes came into play.  I used Polished Pink ink and a Blending Brush to color the background.  Now that is great, because you can have paper to match ALL your projects!

So back to my project (I am SO easily distracted when I get excited...):


Look at that adorable hat!  Can you see the texture?  It's because I stamped and cut it from the new Linen 12" x 12" Specialty paper!  Wowsers!  It actually feels like cloth!  I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black ink, then used Blending Brushes to color it (Polished Pink) and then cut it out with the Hat Builder dies.  


The greeting is from Create with Friends, and I fussy cut it with my Paper Snips.  A few In Color Jewels finished off this fun card.  

I am SO happy I got this set...I can see lots of hat cards in my future.  Stay tuned!  



Product List

2 comments:

Geann K said...

Here's my true confession. I saw the Linen Specialty Paper. I thought it was cool, but didn't HAVE to have it. Then I saw your hat and well... It's now very high on my wish list-next order. Love your card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Geann, you HAVE to try coloring the Linen paper. I was amazed at how cool the look is—almost like an old, worn denim. I loved it so much I made three Father’s Day cards using the technique. I know you’ll love this paper! Thanks for visiting and have fun.