Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Musical Season Birthday?

I like to try to show the versatility of stamps and accessories, so when my grandson, Jacob, was having a birthday, I pulled out my Musical Season set.  This is a Christmas collection, and I love the musical instruments and treble clef that can be cut with the coordinating framelits.  See this post for a Christmas card I created with this set.

But it's not Christmas, and Jacob is turning 5.  He loves playing the drums...so...

I started with a Night of Navy base and added a Silver Glimmer Paper layer.  The top is Crumb Cake, and then I used a series of blues to create my drum line.

The first four drummers were simply cut with the Musical Instruments Framelits, using Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Pool Party.  I stamped the last drummer using Tempting Turquoise ink and cut him out too.

I used the Little Numbers dies (now sadly retired) to cut the numbers using matching cardstock and the "5" was cut with the Glimmer Paper; I highlighted it with a Tempting Turquoise circle.

And do you see the letters on the drums?  Easy to make with the Labeler Alphabet and I snipped each with my Paper Snips.

This snappy drum line wishes Jacob a Happy 5th Birthday! 



Product List

No comments: