Thursday, November 23, 2017

Hearts Come Home

I want to start by wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!  I am so blessed to have wonderful family and friends, and will be cooking a dinner for 8 of us--small this year, as I won't have my kids around (we get every other year with them), but grateful for my brother and sister-in-law, my husband's mom and sister, and niece, who will be celebrating with us.  I hope you enjoy a peaceful, happy, politics-free Thanksgiving!

If you read my last post, you see that I may not use stamps the way they are originally intended.  Such was the case when I needed a "new home" card for my sister-in-law.  Steph recently moved from Southern California to Sacramento, about 20 minutes from me.  So when we went to see her new home, naturally I wanted to bring a card:

Isn't that cute?

I used the coordinating framelits to the Hearts Come Home Christmas set.  The Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies are great--4 sets of houses, all different, so you can mix and match them to create a town.

I cut the houses out of a few different colors (Early Espresso, Garden Green and Calypso Coral) and then paper-snipped them and adhered them right over the Early Espresso ones to create a village of different-hued homes.

The card base is Whisper White Thick cardstock.  I attached a piece of Soft Sky to the top half, and sponged some clouds (difficult to see here, but they are there).  When I cut out the Garden Green houses, I purposely left more green at the bottom to create hills.  I stamped the hills with various stamps from the Timeless Textures set to create a grassy knoll.

"Welcome Home" is actually two stamps from the now-retired Places You'll Go--love that script!

My sister-in-law was thrilled, and is going to frame this card for her new home.

And that's the beauty of creating hand-made cards!  How many of you have had recipients of your cards tell you they just can't bear to throw your cards away?  And how many keep their Hallmark cards?  Just sayin'...

Create and send; I guarantee you'll make someone's day! 


Product List

No comments: