Friday, October 27, 2017

Masculine Birthday Card

I think most stampers have some problems creating masculine cards.  So when I saw a card on Stampin' Connection by Carolyn King, I knew I had to copy it:


This is so simple and so beautiful (is it OK to call a masculine card "beautiful"?).

I started with a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Very Vanilla Thick cardstock, scored and folded in half at 5-1/2".  I took another piece of Very Vanilla that was 4-1/4" x 4" and ran it through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

The strip of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack paper is 4-1/4" x 1-1/2", and is adhered to the top of the card base.  I added a 1/8" strip of Basic Black and then the embossed Vanilla piece.


The Happy Birthday Thinlits are fabulous!  Just adding this cut out piece to a card adds texture and a sentiment without any stamping.  I cut mine with Basic Black cardstock (hint:  use the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets on the back of your cardstock and run through the Big Shot with the Thinlits--makes it SO easy to adhere your thinner die cuts).

And I just finished off my card with some Black Rhinestone Jewels--the perfect embellishment!

So what do you think?  Perfect for those times when you need a masculine card?  I think so!

Product List

No comments: