Sunday, October 15, 2017

Creating a "Collar" for Your Cards

I'm back!
Somehow, returning from a vacation is never easy for me.  I've been back for 2 weeks, and have only managed to publish one blog post.  My apologies.

But I'm going to try to make it up to you today.  Remember these cards that I made for Mothers Day?  I called them "collar" cards, because the Designer Series Paper (the pretty stuff!) wraps around the front of the card, much like a collar wraps around your neck.  Here's another example:


Someone (yes, that's YOU, Rob!) asked for more details on creating this, and today I have gotten a video up for you.  Please excuse the quality; my new computer did not have my old Movie Maker software, and apparently it's no longer supported.  So I downloaded another version yesterday and spent a few hours editing my video, staying up until 2 a.m. for it to download.  When it did, I got a message that unless I paid $39.95, I would have a banner across the front of my video saying I created it in a trial version, and the audio would cut out halfway through the video.  Can you say "blackmail"?  I was so disappointed and tired...😠 (and angry!)

So this morning I pulled out my old computer, fired it back up and was able to download and edit my video.  Unfortunately it's NOT the best quality, but I think you'll get the idea.  And the cards are very easy to make.

Have fun!  And please let me know how you like this...your comments are important, and may just spur me on to making more videos (after I find another program that I can work with!  Suggestions anyone?) 😕


If you try this technique, please let me know; I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

Priscilla, I'm glad you did the video. That helped me understand how to get the collar. You're the BEST!

Stampin' Amigos said...

The video was easy; the editing was horrendous! :) But I'm glad it will help you - makes it all worthwhile. Thanks, Ceresa!