Wednesday, October 4, 2017

An Autumn Birthday

I just returned from Cape Cod, Massachusetts, where I went to celebrate my mom's 89th birthday!  What a special day it was - my son and his family from Maryland traveled to the Cape to meet me and my husband, and we all took my mom and dad out for breakfast at one of our favorite eateries:  Jack's Outback.  Here we all are:



And here is the card I made for her:

I figured someone who was turning 89, and who loves fall colors, needed a special card.  So I pulled out my new fav set, Painted Harvest, and mixed it up with my new fav accessory, Embossing Paste and the Decorative Masks.

Look at the texture!

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped two of the flowers using Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze.  I repeated this on a piece of scrap paper, twice, and fussy cut the flowers, layering them with Dimensionals



Next came the texture:  using the Decorative Mask brick wall, I spread on some Embossing Paste that had been mixed with Cajun Craze ink refill.  I was careful to not spread paste over my stamped flowers, leaving an open area devoid of paste in the center.  Once done and dry, it was adhered to a piece of Garden Green, then Cajun Craze, and the card base of Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock.

My cut flower was added, along with two sets of leaves, punched with the Leaf Punch.

And the sentiment, from Dragonfly Dreams, was heat embossed using Copper embossing powder, on vellum cardstock.  This was layered over two pieces of Burlap Ribbon...so pretty!

And can you see the sparkle on the flower center?  I added Clear Wink of Stella to each flower for a little added bling.

Happy Birthday Mom!


Product List



2 comments:

bonniemon said...

What a beautiful card! So glad you were able to celebrate your Mom's birthday with her, and with some of your family there, too! Extra-special!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie; yes, it was a lovely day.