Saturday, October 28, 2017

It's Ethan's Birthday

Yes my first grandson is turning seven!  How can that be? 


Ethan and his brother, Jacob

My creative mojo was taking a vacation, and I struggled a bit to come up with an idea for a card, but I finally settled on this:

Unfortunately the colors are not showing up well--I used Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist on Basic Black.

I started with a piece of Basic Black, and using my Big Shot and retired Little Numbers dies, I cut out the numbers, placing them randomly on the paper (except for the "7" which was centered).

After the numbers were cut, my black piece went through the Big Shot with the retired Lucky Stars embossing folder.  Then I adhered a piece of Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper (remember Sale-a-Bration?) under the "7".  The black piece was then layered over a piece of Lemon Lime Twist, allowing the color to peek through the numbers.

Using the Layering Circles, I cut one Lemon Lime scalloped circle and punched out the middle, centering it over the "7".

The sentiment was stamped in Bermuda Bay ink (using Birthday Banners stamps and the matching Bunch of Banners Framelits); after cutting it out, it was popped up on Dimensionals.

I finished off my card with some Bermuda Bay candles, seven of them lined up along the bottom of the card.  The flames got some sparkle with Wink of Stella.

Happy Birthday Ethan!


Product List
Big Shot
Big Shot
[113439]
$110.00
Little Numbers Thinlits Dies
Little Numbers Thinlits Dies
[138278]
$20.00
Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
[135817]
$7.50
Cupcake Builder Punch
Cupcake Builder Punch
[121807]
$18.00

No comments: