Tuesday, April 25, 2017

RAWR! (Dinosaur for Happy Birthday, Nate!)

It's my grandson's 4th birthday, and I have a special card for this dinosaur-loving boy:


Yes, Nathan loves his dinos, and I had this set all picked out and waiting for his birthday.  Here's what I did:

I started with a modified "card-in-a-box" template.  I had experimented with this design once before (see this card), and used the same idea but made it larger in order to accommodate four dinosaurs.  This card is 5" long and 1" wide; it's 3-1/2" tall.  Basic black cardstock was used for the base, and I covered the entire box with (retired) designer series paper.  It looks like a jungle.



Then it was on to the dinosaurs.  No Bones About It is a terrific set, and the dinosaurs can be stamped with or without their bones/skeletons.  I chose "without" for this card.  Each dino was stamped (Cajun Craze, Tranquil Tide, So Saffron and Old Olive) and then cut out using my contraband dies from Dies by Dave (horrors!  but these dies make it SO easy to get the perfect dino!).


Each dino has a party hat!   I mean, what's a birthday without party hats, right?  The dinosaurs were added to the box via "crossbeams" that run horizontally through the box--I used Glue Dots and Dimensionals to adhere them.  I also used the Succulent Framlit Dies to add a few extra leaves/food for the dinos.


Side view...

Happy Birthday, Nathan! 

And happily, No Bones About It is being carried over in the new catalog, so if  you want to make your very own dino card, you can still purchase it.  All supplies used are listed below.  Click on the photo to shop in my on-line store.


Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Awww, that is adorable!! So happy to see your blog posts again.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie! And I'm so happy to be creating again!