Sunday, April 30, 2017

More Eastern Palace

Yesterday I shared a video from another Stampin' UP! demonstrator (who obviously has much more time than I do, as her video is SO well done and loaded with ideas) about the wonderful Eastern Medallions thinlit dies that are part of the Eastern Palace Suite of products, coming May 1st.  I have already shared two cards that I have created from this suite (see them here and here), and today I've got a beauty for you; take a look:

Now I really wish you could see this in person...it is SO shiny and sparkly!

I had been playing with the dies, and created a black square with the die cut out of the middle.  It was so interesting that I decided to use it as my focal point.

I started by taking the little corner-sprinkle stamp and stamping it with Versamark ink, then heat-embossing it with Gold Embossing Powder.  And while I had the embossing powder out, I also stamped/embossed the sentiment and cut it out with the Stitched Shapes (circles) framelits.

Then I began to layer...


The sentiment was adhered to a circle of Gold Foil, and it is centered on the medallion with Dimensionals.  I also had a very skinny circle of Gold Glimmer paper lying on my desk--it was a perfect addition around the sentiment!

Under the medallion cut out is a piece of Gold Foil.  This is layered on a square of Basic Black, and then it's all popped up (with Dimensionals) on a square black card base.  But something was missing...

The Eastern Gold Vinyl stickers that come in the suite are amazing!  See that border?  I used the stickers and laid them around the edge of my card--a beautiful finishing touch!

As stated, this is a truly elegant, yet glittery, card.  The photos don't show off the beauty of it - :(

The Eastern Palace Suite of products is available tomorrow, May 1st!  Here are the order details:

The Eastern Palace Starter Kit (which does NOT include the framelits, but does include a FREE pack of NEW Very Vanilla Note Cards and Envelopes):
Order Number 147196




Want it all?  This Eastern Palace Premier Bundle is the BOMB: you get the entire suite of products PLUS a FREE pack of brand new Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock and a FREE pack of Very Vanilla Envelopes!
Order Number 147207
 
Product List

2 comments:

Linda Brock said...

I love your card and am attempting to case it but how did you make the skinny circle of glitter paper.
I think this will be a one and only card but I love it so much!!!!!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Linda; yes a "one and only" card for me too. But I was so happy with the way it came out.
The skinny circle of glimmer paper was created accidently when I punched a circle and found it was too big. So I took a Layering Circle that was a hair smaller, and (accidently/happily) cut it right smack in the middle of my punched circle, leaving a skinny round. I had it sitting on my desk, and miraculously, it was the exact size I needed for this card!