Monday, June 6, 2016

Congrats to the Graduate!

My nephew just graduated from high school (congrats Mac!) and here is the card I made him:


The base is Elegant Eggplant, with a layer of Smoky Slate striped paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and then I used the Large Numbers Framelits dies to cut numbers in a piece of Silver Foil (Mac's high school colors are Purple and Silver).


I backed the foil sheet with Elegant Eggplant, popping it up using the new Foam Adhesive Strips (be sure to keep the "insides" of your numbers - inside the 0 and the 6 - or you just have empty centers).

Then I stamped a series of hats from Guy Greetings using Smoky Slate ink:


The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White, using Memento Black ink, and the end was trimmed into a banner shape.  A "vintage" Elegant Eggplant Candy Dot was added to anchor the sentiment on the foil sheet.

And the inside:  a money holder:

I stamped the Marquee Messages words using Memento Black ink, Elegant Eggplant and Smoky Slate.  The strip of DSP on the top was punched with a circle punch to make it easy to grab the check that will be included.

Since this card measures 4" x 8" I needed to make my own envelope.  Thank goodness for the Envelope Punch Board!

A piece of Neutrals Envelope Paper does the trick.  (I added a small piece of matching DSP to the flap, and punched circles for a closure--this card will be delivered in person). 


I've got one more graduation card to make--and I have the left over silver numbers to use...c'mon back later this week to see what I've done!

All products can be purchased here.


No comments: