Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A 3-D Birthday!

On one of my recent blog hops, a fellow "hopper", Marie Green, created a beautiful telescoping card.  (here)  I've been dreaming of this card for awhile, and finally decided it was worth a try for my Dad's birthday.

Here is my version:
I am SO happy with the way this card came out.  I have owned the Traveler stamp set for over a year, and this is the first time it has seen ink (how sad!).  I just didn't know what to do with it, but I loved it from the start.

This image was stamped using Basic Gray Archival ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  I then used my new Layering Squares Framelits and began cutting out squares.

It was quite easy to put the image back together (carefully of course) using Dimensionals for each layer.


"Happy Birthday" from B.Y.O.P.  was stamped and cut with the Large Numbers Framelits dies.

This is a very classy card, and I can't wait to try this technique again!


All items can be purchased here.  



 

2 comments:

Jan Steele said...

This is such a beautiful card! Did you just stamp the image one time and then die cut it four times?

Priscilla said...

Hi Jan, yes, this was stamped once and cut with progressively larger dies, then lined up and put back together with Dimensionals between each layer . Thanks for the kind comment!