Thursday, June 2, 2016

Another Special Anniversary

Last week we celebrated my parents' 65th wedding anniversary (!) and tomorrow we'll be celebrating my son and daughter-in-law's 10th wedding anniversary!  Such a special day in our lives--our first-born, Evan, and his beautiful, wonderful bride, Christy, married in a gorgeous setting backing up to a vineyard in Gilroy, CA.

To commemorate this wonderful anniversary, I've made a card:


I do wish you could see it in person--it's a lovely card.  5-1/2" square, it has a Basic Black base with a thin layer of Pumpkin Pie.  I then used a square of the brand new Designer Series Paper called Pop of Pink.  What?  There's no pink on this card?  Well that's because one side of the paper is black and white, while the other side has the pink.  It's gorgeous, with great designs, like this classic black and white stripe.

The roses, from Picture Perfect, were triple-stamped, starting with Pumpkin Pie, then layer two is Pumpkin Pie, but stamped off once, and I finished with Daffodil Delight.  Such a realistic and stunning rose!  I stamped three, fussy-cut them out, and layered them over the leaves from the same set (stamped in Garden Green and Wild Wasabi).  Then I brushed them all with Wink of Stella Clear--added a subtle and pretty sparkle.

The Hello You Thinlits (not retiring, happily) were used to cut "happy" two times, once in Wild Wasabi and again in Garden Green.  These were layered together for a hint of light under the darker colors, and look so pretty together.  The numbers, from Number of Years, were stamped and cut with the matching framelits, and the banner was popped up on Dimensionals.

My inside is just as pretty as the outside...

...and I made an envelope with Neutrals Envelope Paper and the Envelope Punch Board:
Wishing Evan and Christy a very happy 10th Anniversary--may this year be the best yet!

All products can be purchased here.




No comments: